Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Learning computer science

To be stupid, and selfish, and to have good health are the three requirements for happiness; though if stupidity is lacking, the others are useless.
- Gustave Flaubert


At fourteen years of age I had to learn history, geography and sanskrit in my tenth standard to get computers in my junior college.

In my junior college I had to learn chemistry and physics to get computer engineering in my senior college.

Now in my senior college I am memorising webster's dictionary so that I can do research in computer science.

If extrapolation were to be done, the next biggest challenges before becoming a computer scientist would be ballet dancing, surrealist painting and outerspace exploration to name a few. There's a long road ahead and I doubt if I possess a large enough appetite for stupidity and banality to take me all the way through but then, who cares. I still get to read my novels and watch my cartoons, so no complaints.

No comments:

Post a Comment